About The Artist
“Jewelry has many functions in our lives: adornment, display, reminder, signal. Adorning yourself attracts pleasing attention. Display lets others see your status in society. A reminder keeps you in touch with a friend, concept, or belief. A signal lets others know that you are married, or have a particular religious affiliation. Beautiful jewelry, finely made, connects you to history, the maker, the giver, to ideas and beliefs that you want to have grow in your life. I believe that we are here on this planet, in this reality, to come to certain realizations, and to live in harmony with our environment and each other. I intend for the pieces that I make, my "works", to express the awareness that has come to me through study and practice. I hope that my works will be of use to others in their life journeys. Some of my works are representational, some are referential, and some express my attitude toward materials and function simply in the way they are made. Some pieces I make in response to requests from clients. Every piece that I make is an ambassador for my belief in quality of materials, design, and craftsmanship."
"The greatest compliment that my work has ever received was from a professional archeologist. He picked up one of my works, and said, "Wow! Someday, when someone digs this up, it will become a national treasure."
• Born 1944 - Ann Arbor, Michigan
• Graduated from Mamaroneck High School, NY 1961
• BA in Painting - Portland State College, Oregon, 1966
• Taught silversmithing at The Arts and Crafts Society (now the Oregon School of Arts and Crafts), 1966-67
• Worked as enamelist at David Andersen A/S, Oslo, Norway 1967-68
• Taught silversmithing in Wisconsin at Madison Area Technical College 1971-74
• Started workshop Kristinworks 1971
• Received Master of Fine Arts in Art Metal from the University of Wisconsin, Madison 1974, Major Professor was Fred Fenster.
• Showed and sold her work at major art fairs all over the USA 1971-1985
• Moved to Apalachicola, FL and started Long Dream Gallery 1985
• Continues making beautiful things of silver, gold, enamel and stones
Affiliations: Society of North American Goldsmiths, Florida Society of Goldsmiths, Florida Craftsmen.